This video is from BuzzFeed. If you don’t have time to watch, or read (the video is mostly text) the hacks, they’re below:
1. Have sex! It releases oxytocin.
2. Drink water to kickstart your metabolism.
3. Eat breakfast within an hour of waking up.
4. Don’t drink coffee first thing in the morning. Caffeine is more effective between 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
5. Get morning sunlight. It helps with depression and bone health.
6. Go for a walk, get energized.
7. Read Twitter! More positive tweets are posted before 9 a.m.
8. Do work that requires more brain power. We’re most alert between 10-11 a.m.
9. Read. We retain more information in the morning.
10. Get gas before 10 a.m., when most stations increase prices.
Let me know if you try these out, and how you feel. I don’t even wake up until 1 p.m. on most days so I’m not sure if these apply to me. But, I do make sure to drink water and get sunlight.